Peter's strength lies in his ability to "connect the dots" and bring together people, ideas, experiences and knowledge. He effortlessly bridges the "start-up" world with the established technology world. What impresses me most is how quickly he assimilates new ideas and paradigm shifts into his thinking and strategy - giving you the benefit of both his long experience and recent learnings.
Since 2006, The Meaford Group has been providing our clients with business advice that accelerates their growth. Our broad portfolio of skills allows us to assess, recommend, implement, deliver and coach on initiatives across your business.
Peter Smith is the founder of the Meaford Group. Peter began his career in 1979 at IBM and progressively moved through more senior roles in sales and consulting. In 1996, he joined PeopleSoft as Regional Sales Vice-President. In 2000, he became Managing Director for PeopleSoft Global Services in Canada and in 2004, became Group Vice President for North American Consulting Resources. Following the acquistion of PeopleSoft by Oracle, Peter joined Information Resources as Executive Vice President. Today, Peter acts as a Corporate Director for a number of early stage software and hi-tech companies, is an Executive Coach and leads professional development workshops for consultants, account managers and business leaders. >>> Learn more
Mission and Guiding Principles
Our mission is to help accelerate growth at technology, professional services and software companies
Our values and guiding principles define how we work. They also create the framework for our clients' expectations of us. We believe "trust" and "relationship" are paramount to our mutual success. Our participation with our clients may not be continuous, but is for long term. As an advisor to your company, you should expect be able to repeatedly call upon us as your business grows. You should expect from us:
- Honesty. Expect frank discussions and candid opinion. We can't help if we aren't honest about what we think.
- Integrity. It is more than just "all about business". Our behaviour will be driven by our high integrity. We will earn your trust and confidence.
- It is your Business. We can help, we can advise, we can coach but we will never usurp your responsibility for decision-making
- Communication is paramount. We will tell it like it is. Always. Promptly.
- Our first loyalty is to you, our client.